Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Finally, a chance to talk about mummies.

While I'm without photo uploading abilities, let me share a couple of links. First is an excellent post on Ötzi the Iceman's kit. If you've never heard of Ötzi, he's the world's oldest natural mummy, and a wealth of information on the early European bronze age. The things he carried reflect a time of overlap between stone and bronze technology. It's interesting how little our bushcraft kits have actually changed. (thanks to Gorges Grouse for the heads-up on this.)

The second thing I'd like to mention is the discussion over on BladeForums to add a Whittling and Crafts subforum. I'm all for it of course. If you are too, then please add your voice to the discussion.

On the Wonderful Whittlin' front, I'm currently whittling up some toy horses with saddles and harness, as well as the usual armload of spike trolls. I hope to get around to making some ball-in-cage carvings too. Time will tell.

3 comments:

  1. I'VE GOT A FEVER, AND THE ONLY CURE IS MORE SPIKE TROLLS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing more of your work, it's been a month!

    Post Tenebras, Lux
    Dirus Canis
    The Wolf and Moon™
    Woodworking Tools of Afghanistan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry ladies and gents! I'll be back on track hopefully this week. There's plenty of new horses, spoons, and random blob monsters to post.

    ReplyDelete