Sunday, November 20, 2011

My latest hand carved toy horse




I'm really enjoying the current pace of my progress in whittlin'. I've made plaques, toys, and a whole bunch of Christmas ornaments. With a couple of shows on the way for motivation, things are moving right along.





This latest toy horse shows a slightly different style of mane. I'm trying a sort of "S" shaped mane with a forward slant. I feel this gives the design a look of forward movement, and a crisp but smooth line.

As you can see I've left the mane and tail unpainted on this one in order to show off the wood. As always with the toys I carve, everything is play-safe and built to last.

2 comments:

  1. How do you do the fine detail, the line of the neck and eye for example. can you do a wee post on it

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it, Abo! I'll put up a post for you in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete